CHRISTMAS IN JULY “FUN”DRAISING
THE PARADE COMMITTEE IS HOLDING A 12 DAYS OF GIVEAWAYS RAFFLE
Tickets are $10 each or 3 for $20. Total prizes valued at over $1,500.
Tickets can be purchased from an elf or at Tranquility Salon & Skin Care on Water Street. Elves will be at the Exeter Brass Band concerts on July 1st, 8th and 15th selling raffle tickets.
The parade committee has decided to prohibit the distribution, release, and display of balloons in the 2019 parade.
The PARTICIPANTS’ MEETING is scheduled on Tuesday, November 12th at 6:00PM
Representatives from groups marching in the parade are highly encouraged to attend this meeting to receive up-to-date info for distribution to your parade participants. We need your help in making sure everyone understands the arrival times, parking info, and drop-off & pick-up recommendations.
- Parade line-up is at the OSRAM Plant on Portsmouth Avenue (across from Exeter Lumber).
- OSRAM opens at 1:00pm (do not arrive earlier than 1:00pm).
- There is NO PARKING AT OSRAM (we aren’t kidding).
- OSRAM entrance will close at 4:00. Please plan accordingly.
- Parade starts at approximately 5:30.
- Parade viewing ends at Swasey Parkway.
- Parade participants (with a few exceptions) continue to Lincoln Street.
- Please read RSA 265:108-a Parade Vehicles before you plan your parade entry.
- The Parade Committee reserves the right to disallow inappropriate entries.
- Unregistered entries will not be allowed to participate in the parade.
- No alcoholic beverages will be allowed during the event.
- Balloons will not be allowed during the event.
- There will be no throwing of candy along the parade route. Candy can be handed out to the crowd.
This is a recommendation from the Exeter Police Department for the safety of all along the parade route.
- Distribution of brochures or literature is not allowed along the parade route.
- The viewing of the parade ends at the entrance to Swasey Parkway. All parade participants, with the exception of the marching bands and horses, continue to Lincoln Street.
- The pick-up of float riders & walkers should be arranged on Lincoln Street. Lincoln Street School and the Exeter Handkerchief Factory parking lots are safe spots.
- Applicants assume all responsibility for any loss or damage in connection with their float entry at the Exeter Christmas Parade.
- The Parade Committee in conjunction with the Exeter Police Department reserves the right to cancel the parade for any reason – including inclement weather.
- Announcements about parade cancellation will be made on the website no later than 1:00pm on parade day and on our facebook page.
- An alternate parade date may be established.
- Remember, there is only one Santa Claus.