2021 Update – Participant’s Meeting canceled.
All commercial entries must have theme-appropriate decorations to participate.
The distribution, release, and display of balloons in the parade is prohibited.
Only one vehicle per float (no additional vehicles allowed without committee approval).
The PARTICIPANTAN’T MEETING may be rescheduled, if not volunteers will be contacting participants directly to answer any questions.
Representatives from groups marching in the parade are highly encouraged to attend this meeting to receive up-to-date info for distribution to your parade participants. We need your help in making sure everyone understands the arrival times, parking info, and drop-off & pick-up recommendations.
- Parade line-up is at the OSRAM Plant on Portsmouth Avenue (across from Exeter Lumber).
- OSRAM opens at 1:00pm (do not arrive earlier than 1:00pm).
- Please carpool to reduce vehicular traffic at OSRAM.
- There’s NO PARKING AT OSRAM (we aren’t kidding).
- Entrance to OSRAM campus will close at 4:00. Plan accordingly, it’s a looong driveway.
- Judging begins at 4:00.
- Parade starts at approximately 5:30.
- Parade viewing ends at Swasey Parkway.
- Parade participants (with a few exceptions) continue to Lincoln Street.
- Please read RSA 265:108-a Parade Vehicles before you plan your parade entry.
- The Parade Committee reserves the right to disallow inappropriate entries.
- Unregistered entries will not be allowed to participate in the parade.
- Alcoholic beverages aren’t allowed.
- Balloons aren’t allowed.
- Candy will only be handed out by parade volunteers.
- Distribution of brochures or literature is not allowed along the parade route.
- The viewing of the parade ends at the entrance to Swasey Parkway. All parade participants, with the exception of the marching bands and horses, continue to Lincoln Street.
- The pick-up of float riders & walkers should be arranged on Lincoln Street. Lincoln Street School and the Exeter Handkerchief Factory parking lots are safe spots.
- Applicants assume all responsibility for any loss or damage in connection with their float entry in the Exeter Holiday Parade.
- The Parade Committee in conjunction with the Exeter Police Department reserves the right to cancel the parade for any reason – including inclement weather.
- Announcements about parade cancellation will be made on the website no later than 1:00pm on parade day and on our facebook page.
- An alternate parade date may be established.
- Just a reminder, there is only one Santa Claus making an appearance in the parade.